Asthma First Aid Treatment
Preventive health care is superior to treatment when asthma occurs.
First Aid Treatment
- Keep calm and set with most comfortable position, keep breathing gradually and easily.
- Ask if the patient has medicines with her/him, and apply bronchia dilator as doctor’s prescription, if this doesn’t work well, spray the dilator again in five minutes (no more than 3 times) and send her/him to hospital as soon as possible.
- Take the medicines with her/him, which may take effect in about 40 minutes.
- Oxygenate her/him to improve her/his anoxia.
How to prevent asthma
- Keep living environment dry with humidity maintained between 60 and 70%.
- Keep away from allergic sources (dust, pollen, smoking, pets, and rug etc.).
- Do not eat iced food, keep warm by wearing enough clothes, and avoid breathing in cold air.
- Have a regular life and avoid staying up or over exhaustion.
- Do some adequate excises with movement and rest (e.g. skating, jogging, and swimming etc.).
- Learn how to relax yourself, control your mood and avoid anxiety, tension, or getting angry.
- Keep away from public areas with poor ventilation to prevent being infected with cold that causes asthma.
- Stay with family or friends to ensure there is someone to help you when your asthma occurs.
- Take instruction card about asthma with you when staying out for the rescuer to recognize your illness immediately when performing first aid and send you to hospital.
- Take medicine regularly and always carry medicine with you.
- Never cease to take asthma medicine without instructions from doctor, or adopt unscientific treatment with folk prescription.
- Never forbear with an asthma that may risk your life when it occurs, see a doctor as soon as possible.